Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice, or professional guidance. This website provides only general information about our company, its areas of practice, and links to Washington State law as posted on the website of the Office of the Insurance Commissioner of Washington State. The information contained in our website is subject to change without notice. If you have any questions, need professional assistance or have specific claims resolution needs, you may contact us directly.

Are public adjusters in any way connected with insurance companies?

Public Adjusters are engaged exclusively by you, the policyholder, and not by the insurance companies.

Will the insurance company recognize a public adjuster as my representative?

Yes. Most companies actually prefer to work with an experienced claimant. It is to the best interests of all concerned that a fair and prompt settlement be made.

How can a public adjuster serve me better than the insurance company adjuster or an independent adjuster?

The insurance company adjuster or independent adjuster is employed exclusively by the insurance company and must try to strike a balance between your interest and those of the insurance company. Public Adjusters are working for your best interests exclusively.

Will my insurance agent or broker take care of and adjust my claim?

The agent or broker serves you at all times in connection with your insurance coverages. They generally do not have the time, training, license or facilities, to render the highly specialized service of insurance adjusting and inventory documentation.

Can’t I prepare a claim of my own property better than a public adjuster?

No. It stands to reason that Public Adjusters who professionally handle and prepare claims every day, can do it more competently and efficiently than the average insured, who may have only one loss in a lifetime.

Will a public adjuster take care of any claims other than a fire loss?

Yes. Public Adjusters will assist you in any claims of loss against any insurance company under the fire coverage and allied lines. These include windstorm, explosion, snow, hail, smoke, motor vehicle damage losses, inland marine, use and occupancy, rentals, improvements and betterment, commission and profit, report forms and other.

Why should I engage a public adjuster to obtain what is rightfully due to me?

Do you really know what is rightfully due you? A Public Adjuster does. Public Adjusters are your representative exclusively. With the Public Adjuster’s experience and knowledge, they are far more capable of bringing about a favorable and satisfactory adjustment.